Friday, March 27, 2009

Sending Number 79 (376054)

I never in my life thought I would be buying a postcard with Elvis Presley on it, no less sending it around the world to the UNITED KINGDOM. However, I put in a request for a few addresses this morning before going out for the day and on of the receivers said she would like cards with Elvis on them...okay, she asked for some other things as well, but when I was walking around Seaport Village today and walked in a store and saw these postcards, I knew that was the card I would be sending.
They had other choices of Elvis, but this was my favorite one. I do hope she enjoys it. What do you think?

I am sending it with this message:

Hello from San Diego, California. I hope you don't have this card of Elvis Presley yet. It was my favorite that I found of him. We also love Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, hope all is going well for you. We are documenting our postcrossing experiences at:
.....
Stop by and say hi!
Robert and Jennifer
___________________________________

I added that part about Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings because those were other card requests she had...and we do both love those books and movies. Actually, I love Harry Potter; the husband loves Lord of the Rings.

He loves Lord of the Rings so much that when we got married, I actually bought him a Lord of the Rings replica ring for his wedding band. It was VERY expensive; I only found his size at three different places on line and at NO stores, hobby, collectors or otherwise; and it was worth every penny and all the time it took me to find it just to see the look on his face when I gave it to him. (Oh, I spent literally MONTHS searching for this ring in his size; I almost gave up, but I just couldn't, I knew he wanted it so bad).

So, he loves Lord of the Rings; I love Harry Potter. I have literally lost count as to how many times I have read every book. I lost count after 5 and the pages in my copies are literally falling out I've read them so many times. I also enjoy the movies as well and can't wait for the rest of them to come out.




No comments:

Post a Comment