Friday, March 27, 2009

Sending Number 78 (376055)

This card is going to BELGIUM to a girl who wants to travel the world through postcards. She wants to see those touristy things, so I thought this was a perfect card:
Isn't that beautiful? Seriously! I think this is one of my favorite postcards that we've sent. This is the message:

Hello from San Diego, California. The hotel in lights on this card is 120 years old and has become an iconic symbol of San Diego. It has a great history and is so very beautiful. We are documenting our postcrossing experiences here:
.....
Stop by and say hi! Hope you enjoy this card.
Robert and Jennifer
________________________

This is another card I picked up while walking around Seaport Village today. I have found a new place to pick up cards, it seems. I found so many great cards of San Diego today. I'm sure there are more places I can find cards. I think I am going to have to make that my mission anymore: find great places to find great cards instead of at the boring drug store.

Also, notice I said that this is AN iconic symbol here in San Diego; I didn't say THE iconic symbol. I don't know that there is any one things that is the iconic symbol of San Diego. There are so many great sites and so much diverse places, I don't think there could be one iconic symbol.

What do you think of when you think of San Diego?

No comments:

Post a Comment