Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sending Number 27 (371927)

This card is making its way to GERMANY. She wanted to see where we live, so I thought this would be appropriate:
I am excited to send her a card because she seems very cool. She likes Audrey Hepburn and Johnny Depp, in her word, "who doesn't?" A girl after my own heart. She also mentioned liking cards with artists, like Norman Rockwell.

Let me tell you, I LOVE Norman Rockwell. The love of this artist comes 100% from my father who has a great collection of his artwork. I grew up in a house surrounded my Norman Rockwell art: prints, plates, books, all sorts of things. That's probably why I like him so much; but I have a feeling that even if I hadn't been surrounded by his work, I would have still been drawn to it.

So, this is the message I am sending to her:
Hello from San Diego, California. This is our downtown area. You can see to the left the FlatHead buildings that are part of the buildings coined as "the tool box." We are very close to Hollywood here and I, too, love Audry Hepburn and Johnny Depp. I also noticed that you like Norman Rockwell. I grew up surrounded by his work as my dad is a huge fan (as am I). We have quite a collections of prints, plates, books, etc...of his work. It's amazing! Come stop by our blog and say hi!
Robert and Jennifer
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment